Monday, January 26, 2015

January 12th- Lots to Learn!

I can’t believe I have already been here over a week. I don’t think I have ever learned as much in this short amount of time before. Still, I am only just beginning to understand the history, social life, economics, politics, education, cultural norms, environment, etc. of South Africa. It is a fascinating country, and I already feel so lucky to be here. 

This week the class was split into four groups and assigned chapters to cover and lead discussion in class. The topics that get brought up in discussion are intriguing, and the two South African students add a lot to the conversation. Pippin Anderson came and talked to us today about starting our independent projects (she is the professor in charge of this). 


Today everyone in the program chipped in 70 Rand (about $7), and a few of us went and bought meat and vegetables to braai (BBQ). We had a good time working together, even with fire difficulties. The ostrich was super tasty, my new favorite braai food.

No comments:

Post a Comment