Monday, January 26, 2015

January 14th – Beach Day!

Today I led our group discussion, which went well. A girl from Swarthmore arrived today whose visa had been delayed, but now she has joined us. I feel sorry for her because of all the great stuff she’s missed so far! At least she made it in time for our field trip to the Kalahari desert.  We will depart on Friday. 

We went to the Muizenburg beach this afternoon... the water was the perfect temperature, but it was kind of windy on the beach. It was a busy day, packed with people. The backdrop scenery of the mountains was terrific. I had this realization that this was probably the closest I would ever get in water near Antarctica. The train ride there was about half an hour. There are some other beaches I want to explore too.


This evening, Mike Meadows had us over for a braai and the food was wonderful. I appreciate having food made for me so much more now after just a week and a half of cooking for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment