Friday, March 20, 2015

March 14th – Beach Volleyball Tournament

I played in a doubles beach volleyball tournament at Camps Bay! My partner was not able to come until the last minute, so I showed up solo and was paired with someone not too good. We still made it through pool play, and then I was asked to join another girl whose partner was leaving. We ended up making it to the finals! That last final match was a blast. I got a bit sunburnt but it was totally worth it. 

It was also pie day today! Headed by the chef of the house, Olivia, we made an apple and a pear pie. I had never made pie crust before and it was fun! The pies turned out great.

In the evening, we went to Cape Carnival! Lillian’s boyfriend and uncle drove us into town. I had never seen the city so alive before! Cape Carnival is an annual event featuring local groups, floats and performances as they parade down the street. It occurs in the Greenpoint area all the way to Greenpoint stadium where there was a fun after-party. The costumes, music, and people watching was great. The vibe was awesome as little kids, old folk, and plenty of young folk all attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment