Friday, March 20, 2015

March 15th - Hiking Up Devils Peak


I hiked up DEVILS PEAK!! I went with (MC)squared, and three other girls. One of them, Becky, had an awesome trail map of Table Mountain. We took a pretty tricky route and would have been toast without her map. They usually recommend doing this trail the first time with someone who has done it before, but we were feeling brave! The Cape Epic mountain bike race, a huge 7-day grueling race, had started at UCT that day, and our trail passed through the course. So it was cool to get to watch part of the race.


After reaching Minors Point, a few of the girls were feeling nervous about crossing Knife’s Edge, so they turned around and only Cindy and I continued. It was thrilling getting to the top of Devils Peak. Best 360 degree view of my life!



We took a different route down through Newlands forest that involved less rock scrambling and cliff hugging. So glad Cindy and I pushed through to the top!

 

My cooking group made ostrich with risotto... so yummy! The ostrich tasted like really good steak (even though it is a bird it is red meat).

No comments:

Post a Comment