Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 29 – More Beach Volleyball!

I played in a mixed doubles beach volleyball tournament! It was tons of fun, the level of play was tough and it felt good to push myself. My partner, Michael, had played in a 5’s tournament with me before, but we had never done doubles, and many of the other teams had been partners for awhile.

Michael is from Namibia and a very good beach player. He was also nice and patient with me. We did manage to beat one team who had been together a while. One of the guys used to be the coach at UCT a few years ago. It was also fun to watch the really good teams play each other.

Mercer’s parents are visiting for Easter break, and they treated us all to dinner tonight which was very generous of them. We had Asian tapas, which was one of the best meals I have had here.


No comments:

Post a Comment