Monday, February 23, 2015

Feb 17th – Honors EGS Course

Today is Tuesday so I have my honors EGS course, Water Resource Management. Professor Kevin Winter gave a nice introduction into the course. There are about 17 students. Most of them are honors students (including the two South Africans living with us) and a few masters students (Eek what did I get myself into!?), and one of the other American students in my program. This class involves some field trips/field work, but there is not a designated time slot for this.

Unfortunately I am missing the first trip because they are doing it when I have my surveying practical. I am super bummed, as they are hiking up Table Mountain, checking out some dams and gathering GIS data. I really wish I could go!

I set up a dropbox with David, Kirsty and I so that they could give me background literature to read concerning my research project. There are many articles, and yet I need to do some of my own literature hunting as well. Let the craziness begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment