Monday, February 23, 2015

Feb 20th – Rock Climbing!


I went rock climbing today! Lakeside pinnacle had a gorgeous view of Table Mountain and Muizenberg beach. I brought my harness and shoes, but for people who don’t own their own gear, the MSC has stuff that people borrow. There was one really experienced UCT climber with us and one other girl from Chicago who could lead climb, so they set up the routes (we had three ropes). There were about 16 of us in total and we all jammed into two cars somehow. I shockingly was one of the more experienced climbers, so I ended up belaying people a lot which was fine.




Surprisingly a lot of the people who showed up were Americans, and a good portion of them were from California (like me). UCT’s student population is made up of 20% international students, so I guess I should not be too surprised. There were some great routes at Lakeside Pinnacle, and I hope to go back sometime. Cape Town has so many locations to check out!

I had a fun evening with the housemates. We played 30 Seconds, which is South Africa’s equivalent to America’s Taboo (word guessing game). Some of the cards have South African references we simply do not know, but we played with some of Lillian’s friends and learned things along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment